Did you know the best chance for selling your property is within the first SEVEN weeks? Studies show that the longer a property stays on the market, the less financial return the seller will net. There are 5 main factors to achieving your goal of getting top dollar for your property.
- PRICING: The market is so competitive that even over-pricing by a few thousand dollars could mean that your house will not sell.
- CLEANING: Most people are turned off by the smallest amount of uncleanliness or odor when buying a home. Odors MUST be eliminated, especially if you have dogs, cats, or if you are a smoker. You may not notice the smells in your own home but buyers do!
- ACCESS: Agents will not show your home if access is not readily available.
- CURB APPEAL: If a buyer does not like the outside, they probably won’t ask to see the inside.
- PAINT AND CARPET: Paint is your best improvement investment. It makes the whole house smell clean. If you have chipped paint, exposed wood or the paint looks faded….it’s time to repaint. If your carpet is worn, dirty, outdated or an unusual color, you should consider replacing it. Buyer’s will a lot of times buy elsewhere rather than having to replace flooring themselves, even when an allowance is offered.